Hormones imbalances: Causes and Symptoms
Hormonal imbalances are multi-factorial disorders. They are the result of a combination of various factors such as your diet, medical history, genetics, stress levels, and exposure to toxins from your environment.
Some of the most common signs of a hormone imbalance
- Irregular periods
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
- Low libido
- Changes in appetite
- Digestive issues
- Hair loss and hair thinning
Some of the major's contributors to hormonal imbalances
- Food allergies
- Gut problems/Leaky gut
- Being overweight or obese
- High levels of inflammation caused by a poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle
- Genetic susceptibility
- Toxicity (exposure to pesticides, toxins, cigarettes, excessive alcohol, and harmful chemicals)
- Lack of sleep and rest
- Hight Stress
There are some natural treatments to help you balance your hormones, these include eating an anti-inflammatory diet, consuming omega-3s, getting good sleep, exercising, and controlling your stress levels. To learn more, check my post on 8 Ways to Balance your Hormones Naturally.
Let me help you to create a nutritional and lifestyle plan to achieve your health goals.