Is your Child a Picky Eater?
Are you concerned about your child having a restricted diet? Do you suspect that he/she is a picky eater? Answer the following quiz and find out.
1. Do you have difficulties introducing new foods to your child's diet?
- Yes, most of the time he/she refuses to try new foods.
- Not much. He/she usually doesn't want to try the first time but does it after I present it several times.
- No, usually he or she is willing to try new foods easily.
2. Does your child eat fewer than 20 foods?
- No, my child eats about 20 different foods or more.
3. Does your child refuse to eat entire categories of foods, textures, or food groups?
For example, won't eat anything green, or any fish or any lumpy.
- Yes, she/he refuses more than one food group, and only likes some textures.
- No, he/she eats at least 1 food in most or all food groups and textures.
4. Does your child cry, scream, or meltdown when you introduce a new food?
- Yes, most of the time he/she has a strong reaction when I introduce a new food.
- No, usually he/she usually tolerates well being in front of new food.
5. Have you add new foods to your child's "likes" in the past 3 months?
- Yes, a good amount.
- Yes, about 1 to 5.
- No. he/she has dropped several.
6. Does your child usually eats entirely different foods than the rest of the family?
- Not always, but sometimes.
- No, he/she usually finds something to eat that is part of the meal, though won't always eat everything offered.
7. Has the pediatrician expressed concern that your child is not gaining enough weight?
If you have answered yes to 4 or more questions your child has a restricted diet and can be considered a picky eater.
Let me help to support your children's natural growth and weight, introduce new foods, and make mealtimes more enjoyable for the whole family.